February is for lovers, and has the most highlighted holiday – Valentine’s Day.
My husband and I use to plan far ahead for this holiday – setting up reservations at fun restaurants, planning little getaways, and spending time finding the perfect cards to exchange. Now, as we have aged, we enjoy cooking at home and celebrating on our couch with our furbabies. No matter how you and your partner like to celebrate, I have some fun ideas to share:
For those that want to go out:
- Wine + Chocolate tasting at a local winery. St. Croix Vineyard has free samplings and fudge offered the weekend of February 10th, 2023.
- Share a romantic dinner in an Igloo. 925 restaurant has several options for dinning, both inside and in their winter igloos, over the weekend leading up to Valentine’s Day.
- Go out to dinner, try some local beers, and listen to live music. Forager Brewery in Duluth has a five course meal planned plus live music by Milana Shira.
- Brunch date for two? Try the Buttered Tin in St. Paul.
- Try some tasty treats in historic Red Wing Confectionary.
- Outdoor adventures could include some snow-shoeing, cross country skiing, or even just a weekend away, cozying up by a fire. Pier B Resort is one of my husband and I’s favorite places to go, and is pet friendly too!
- Ice fishing is another fun way to get outside together. Mille Lacs Lake is a special location near central Minnesota, and Red Door Resort has many fish house rental options!
For those that want to stay in:
- Picking a fun recipe to try and cooking together at home. My husband is obsessed with his Traeger Grill, and if you’ve been looking for a gift for your partner, I can’t recommend one of these enough.
- Create a romantic fort in your living room and watch all those great movies you both love. Even better, make your own homemade popcorn.
- If you are those diy-ing couple, I suggest picking another house project or design idea to work on together. It is said that when you work through a challenge together, it can bring you both even closer.
- Crank the tunes and dance in your kitchen. If you are wanting to learn to dance, Show Her Off is a fun at-home dance class that you can take and learn together.
- Need more ideas? My husband and I have really enjoyed using the Adventure Challenge Books – there are so many different themed ones, from adventure to cooking.
Hope these give you some ideas so that you both can enjoy the holiday to the fullest!